In order to make sure that your drain system works well, you will need to have a periodic drain cleaning. Drain cleaning helps to ensure that you never have to deal with any wastewater backups into your home. Wastewater backups can leave you with a mess in your home that not only puts the structure of your home in danger, but you and your family as well.
Wastewater is full of dangerous bacteria. Once it gets into your home, it can make your family sick and your pets. It is important that you do all that you can to minimize the risk of wastewater backing into your home.
How Do You Know You Need A Drain Cleaning?
Fortunately, your drain will give you several warning signs before completely failing. It is important that you keep an eye out for any of the issues below.
• High water bill. If you are not using your water more than normal and your water bill rises, you may have a leak or clog somewhere in your drain pipe. When you call out a plumbing technician, they will be able to inspect the system to see where the leak or clog is.
• Slow drains. If your sink or toilet is draining slow, there is a clog somewhere in your sewer line. You can try to open the drain yourself by using baking soda and vinegar. However, if the clog is large, you will need to get a professional plumber out as soon as possible.
• Weird odors. If you start to smell something foul around your drain, the chances are that you have a clog in the sewer line or a crack. Cracks will allow these toxic gases to filter in through your drain. A plumbing technician should be able to find where this crack or clog is quickly.
• Weird noises. If you hear a weird gurgling sound coming from your drain, chances are there is a clog. You will hear this sound mainly when you are letting the water out of your sink or bathtub. In some cases, your toilet may also make a gurgling sound when you flush. If you hear any weird noises, you will want to find drain cleaning near me as soon as possible.
• Mold growth. If you notice any mold growing near your drain, the chances are that you have a leak. You will want to make sure that you get this addressed as soon as possible. Not only is the leak an issue, mold growth is also a serious issue. Mold growth can lead to serious health problems for you and your family. This is especially true if you have anyone in your house with asthma or allergies.
• Backups. If you start suffering from backups, this is a sure sign that you have an issue. For example, if you flush your toilet and wastewater comes up into your bathtub, there is a severe clog that must be addressed quickly.
If you see any of the above problems with your drain lines, you will want to immediately find drain cleaning near me. They will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it for you. Delays in calling a plumber can leave you with a large repair bill and sewer water backing into your home.